How To Make Easy Baked Tofu Bites
Here, you will learn how to make easy baked tofu Bites.
This is also very popular in our home. This baked tofu bites recipe that is fabulous.
You can use in many dishes that you can imagine.
Your family will ask you to make it again and again. Guaranteed!
They will run out so fast! You may want to make with 4 blocks for tofu to make them last longer. If so, just double the ingredients.
- 2 454g blocks extra-firm tofu (Drained: Method recommended freezing tofu overnight and defrost)
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 4 tablespoons Tamari sauce (Or Soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon powder mixture of garlic, rosemary & sea salt (i.e. THE GOURMET COLLECTION Spice Blend)
- Pinch of Hot Pepper (Optional, but If you like spicy hot, go for it as much spicy as you like!)
- Prepare Tofu. Place tofu into the freezer overnight to drain.
- Transfer Tofu from the freezer and press the tofu to drain the water but not too much.
- Break the tofu into bite-sizes by hand and set them aside.
- Warm-up your oven to 190C (375F). Line the baking trays with parchment papers.
- Mix all the ingredients except tofu in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add the tofu to the bowl.
- Stir the tofu well so the sauce will coat the tofu evenly. (Don't worry about tofu breaking into small pieces, those will be tofu crumbles.)
- Transfer the tofu to the baking pan. Separate the bigger pieces of tofu and crumbles so that easy to store them into the container later.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until lightly golden color, then turn OFF the oven and take the baking pan out.
- Flip the tofu to cook the other side.
- Put them back into the oven and let them sit another 20 – 25 minutes to cook evenly.
- You can serve right away or save them in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator.
You can freeze them to use later, but they never had a chance to go there in our home because they are usually all gone right away. LOL. (Find your right bite sizes. If you make it a little bigger size, that will make a change of texture and taste.)
These are excellent for nuggets, fried rice, salads, in tacos, on spaghetti, etc.
Tofu Crumbles are good on salad, fried rice, taco, etc. You can use this on just about any dish, too. Enjoy!